The cleanliness of the air ducts is extremely important as it provides you several amazing benefits. The clean air ducts provide you the healthy and fresh air to breathe in. And there is no need to argue upon the importance of fresh because everybody knows that how the bad quality of air can affect your health. In this situation, the air ducts play an important role in improving the air quality.
The air ducts are also very helpful in increasing the durability of the heating system. Therefore, it is important that you regularly clean your air ducts to maintain a healthy environment. Most of the people hire the expert cleaners to clean the air ducts. The expert cleaners can definitely clean the air ducts in a better way but hiring them can be really expensive.
You should only hire the expert cleaners once in a year and for the rest of the year, you should clean the air ducts on your own. The air duct cleaning isn’t as complicated as you consider it to be. With proper equipment and knowledge, you can clean the air ducts like an expert. Here the tips that you can use to clean your air ducts.
Equipment you may need
Vacuum, Brush, Paper Towels, Furnace filter and the screwdriver or Hex Driver are the accessories that you may need to complete this process. Choosing the right accessories that are completely suitable for the situation is the key to complete the job in a successful way. Most of these accessories would already be available in your home so you won’t need to spend a lot of money on purchasing the accessories.
However, if you don’t have these accessories available in your home, you must purchase them because they would be helpful each time you are cleaning the air ducts.
Here are the steps you need to follow when cleaning the air ducts
- Use the paper towels to cover up your supply air registers. Thus, the dislodged dust won’t be able to get into your room while you are working. You can wrap the paper towel around the register by lifting it up and then you can replace it.
- The fans must be turned on so that they can throw the dust away that you are removing from the ducts.
- Now, start removing the dust from each and every duct with the help of the brush. If you are doing this for the first time, you’d have to find all the ducts that are available in the home.
- Now, it’s time to clean the supply register. Usually, people keep cleaning the supply registers that are in their range. But you should carefully clean them while you are cleaning the ducts.
- Put everything back into place because your air ducts are now ready to supply fresh and healthy air.
Click Here and take a look at some other air duct cleaning tips.